2016-2017| 2015-2016 | 2014-2015 | 2013-2014 | 2012-2013
- Informal club competitions are held each month at our regular meetings. The season runs from July to May with a winner declared at the conclusion of the season.
- Points are awarded based on popular vote with 5 points going to first place, 3 points going to second place, and all other entries receiving 1 point.
- Additionally, 1 bonus point will be given for the most innovative or ambitious entry as decided by the competition maestro. 1 bonus point will also be given for the best beer as decided on by the club's panel of BJCP judges.
- Some competitions are marked as Collaboration contests. Entrants must brew this beer with another member (or group) and submit together. Both members/teams will receive any points awarded.
- Entrants must supply six 12 oz. bottles, one 64 oz. growler, or similar quantity.
- Limit one entry per person per month.
|Name||Entries||First||Second||Most Innovative||Judges' Choice||Points|
|Jack Robbins & Dan Tucci||5||0||1||0||2||9|
|jeff peterson & Peter Baker||1||0||1||0||0||3|
|Chaya Stark & Bruce Stephens||2||0||0||0||0||2|
July - Wheat Beer
Any beer with a significant portion of wheat will be accepted.
September - Trappist Beer
This month, we're looking for your big Belgian beers. Dubbel, tripel, quad, or any variation thereof.
November - Spiced Beer
Get your annual Winter Warmers ready for drinking. This month, we'll be trying out any spiced concoction you have.
January - Dark Beer
A very broad category this month. Porters, stouts, or any other brown or black beer is welcome.
March - German Styles
Here's your chance to show off some traditional German lagers. Or if you're not quite there yet, we'll take your Kölsch, Hefeweizen, or Gose. Germany has so much variety and we'll try them all.
May - S.M.A.S.H. Beer
That stands for Single Malt And Single Hop. So strict rules that only one of each is permitted.