2015-2016| 2014-2015 | 2013-2014 | 2012-2013
- Informal club competitions are held each month at our regular meetings. The season runs from July to May with a winner declared at the conclusion of the season.
- Points are awarded based on popular vote with 5 points going to first place, 3 points going to second place, and all other entries receiving 1 point.
- Additionally, 1 bonus point will be given for the most innovative or ambitious entry as decided by the competition maestro. 1 bonus point will also be given for the best beer as decided on by the club's panel of BJCP judges.
- Some competitions are marked as Collaboration contests. Entrants must brew this beer with another member (or group) and submit together. Both members/teams will receive any points awarded.
- Entrants must supply six 12 oz. bottles, one 64 oz. growler, or similar quantity.
- Limit one entry per person per month.
|Name||Entries||First||Second||Most Innovative||Judges' Choice||Points|
|Jack Robbins & Dan Tucci||10||3||4||2||2||34|
|Kevin Sekula & Sean Shannon||4||2||1||0||1||15|
|DJ Hotnisky & Scott Myers||2||0||1||0||0||4|
|jeff peterson & Peter Baker||2||0||1||0||0||4|
July - Challenge Ingredient: Australian and New Zealand Hops
We'll start off the year with an onslaught of that tropical, fruity hop character we all love. Nelson Sauvin, Galaxy, Motueka, and anything else you can find from down under are all in play.
August - Belgian Ale
Category 24 has some oft-unloved Belgian styles. Show us what you can do with a Witbier, Biere de Garde, or Belgian Pale Ale.
September - Recipes from 'The Complete Joy of Homebrewing' and 'How to Brew'
Dust off your ratty, dog-eared books and brew up one of these recipe relics from your early days.
October - *COLLABORATION* Challenge Ingredient: Wood Aging
It's OAK-tober! Our first collaboration competition of the year asks what you can do when beer meets wood.
November - Scottish and Irish Ale
Get traditional and head to the highlands with beers from Categories 14 & 15.
December - Specialty IPA
Finally the BJCP has given homebrewers a place for new twists on their hop bombs. Black IPA, Session IPA, Rye IPA, Belgian IPA, you name it. Let's see what you can do.
January - *COLLABORATION* Ingredient Draft Results
Teams will battle it out to select ingredients in a draft format (taking place in October) and then use them to concoct a recipe all their own. Draft carefully or you may get stuck with an undrinkable mess!
February - Pale Malty European Lager/Pale Bitter European Beer
No better time than the cold weather months to be making lagers. We'll tackle the pale crisp styles as we taste the Pilsner, Helles, Kölsch, and others from Categories 4 & 5.
March - Clone Beer
Send in the clones! Bring your attempts at copying your favorite commercial beer for all to try. Keep in mind that we'll need a few bottles of the original to compare it to.
April - *COLLABORATION* Barleywine
The last collaboration of the season asks teams to go over the top. It'll be a dangerous evening as we taste English (Cat. 17D) and American (Cat. 22C) Barleywines.
May - Challenge Ingredient: Fruit
It all comes down to Fruit to decide the title. We're keeping it wide open so flex your creative muscles for this one.