2020-2021| 2019-2020 | 2018-2019 | 2017-2018 | 2016-2017 | 2015-2016 | 2014-2015 | 2013-2014 | 2012-2013
- Informal club competitions are held each month at our regular meetings. The season runs from July to May with a winner declared at the conclusion of the season.
- Points are awarded based on popular vote with 5 points going to first place, 3 points going to second place, and all other entries receiving 1 point.
- Additionally, 1 bonus point will be given for the most innovative or ambitious entry as decided by the competition maestro. 1 bonus point will also be given for the best beer as decided on by the club's panel of BJCP judges.
- Some competitions are marked as Collaboration contests. Entrants must brew this beer with another member (or group) and submit together. Both members/teams will receive any points awarded.
- Entrants must supply six 12 oz. bottles, one 64 oz. growler, or similar quantity.
- Limit one entry per person per month.
|Name||Entries||First||Second||Most Innovative||Judges' Choice||Points|
August - August Exchange: Brevity is the Soul of Wheat
My liege, and madam, to expostulate
What brewing should be, what beer is,
What hop is hop, grain grain, and yeast is yeast,
Were nothing but to waste hop, grain, and yeast;
Therefore, since BREVITY IS THE SOUL OF WIT,
And tediousness the brew day and outward flourishes,
I will be brief. Your Beer Exchange theme is WHEAT …
For the next Beer Exchange, brew a BJCP style featuring wheat in the grain bill. Bring your Weissbiers, your Witbiers, your American Wheat Beers, your Hefeweizens...maybe even a Berliner Weisse?
September - September Exchange - Australian and New Zealand Hops
Kia ora and G’day mates! This month we’re heading to the land down under with our hop schedules. Ferment a frothy with heaps of Aussie and/or Kiwi hops and bring it on over to the piss up at Keystone Homebrew Supply. And No Wucka’s if your grog isn’t true blue; all coldies are welcome. At the end of the day, we’re all here to blow the froth off a few. Hooroo!
Hello and hello again. This month’s beer exchange theme is Australian and New Zealand hops. Brew a beer that features any variety and bring it on over to the socially distant get together at Keystone Homebrew. And there is no problem if you don’t want to brew to the theme; all beers are welcome. At the end of the day, we’re all here to drink great beer. Goodbye!
Keystone also offers an ace selection of Australian and New Zealand hops: Summer, Ella, Galaxy, Southern Cross, Motueka, Nelson Suavin, Pacific Gem, Pacific Jade, Waimea, and Wakatu. It’ll be no hard yakka to put a little Straya in your September stubby!
October - October Exchange - Wyld Card (Previously Myld Stallyns)
November - November Exchange - Irish, Scottish, and Myld Stallyns
December - December Exchange - Belgian
January - January Exchange - Brew the Hop Collab
February - February Exchange - Historical (No Gose)
March - March Exchange - SMaSH
April - April Exchange - Ingredient Draft Collab
May - May Exchange - Saisons